Tuesday, May 01, 2007

some new photos

I've been busy again with school, and also riding a lot, so haven't had time to post here. I replaced the chain and cassette on the Atlantis, as well as installing the moustache bars. It's a whole new bike! I got to work back at Rivendell for a few days during my trip home, and it was great to see those guys again.

Now that the weather is good again, my friends and I have been having barbecues and bonfires twice a week or so. Here's my new handlebar setup on the Atlantis.


There's also a really great wooded area behind my school. This pond is just part of it, and there's a swan that lives there. I rode out there one day to finish reading "The Devil in the White City," which Emily sent me, and turned out to be a great book. Good ol' basket on the Atlantis holds my shoulder bag perfectly.

Yesterday, I went back to the woods and rode some gravel roads up through the hills, explorer style. I stumbled across this teepee! There weren't any signs around, so I'm not sure what it's for.

The teepee is really well built. S24o spot perhaps? I am loving the new handlebar setup on the bike. The braking position is much better for off-road riding than with drop bars. I am using the 8cm dirt drop stem, and even shoved all the way down, the bars are still at least an inch higher than the saddle. Very comfortable.

Here are some of the spices I use when cooking curry. It's become a staple for me now, I love the heat! Bay leaves, cloves, whole peppers, salt, garam masala, paprika, yellow curry, chili powder, and some others as well in that mix.


I got to go home over Easter break for 12 days! I got to see my homies Bryan and Aubrie, as well as Emily of course. Bryan's steamroller is looking sexy! I haven't seen one with fat tires, albatross bars, sprung saddle, and a gigantic basket on the front before. he should probably consider a brake, but he does pretty well without. I want to put together a similarly set up Quickbeam, but I think I'd use 42mm Schwalbe marathons. I love the fat tires.


Yosemite Valley. I'm sure millions of people have taken this picture before, but hey, it's beautiful!


here is Emily and I on a nice hike. It snowed that morning, so everything was very pretty. If you're wondering why we have some moisture on our clothes, scroll down.


I'm pretty much a big dork, and I couldn't resist using a stick to knock snow off the leaves onto my head. I did this for probably an hour. I'm easily entertained. This is one of the least embarrassing pictures.

Emily on the other hand is much more graceful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had so much fun trying to dodge the falling snow from the tree branches that you so discretely shook above my head...I sure nailed you with some snowballs though!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home