Monday, May 07, 2007

Castle Lichtenstein ride

On Sunday, I rode my bike to the nearby castle Schloss Lichtenstein. It's a very small castle at the top of the Swabian Alp, but it's very pretty and I wanted to do some climbing. I couldn't figure out how to get up to the castle at first, so I just took an extremely steep dirt hiking path. I could barely steer the Atlantis, because every time I pedaled, the front wheel came off the dirt.

Check out the full view of this picture to see a good view of the castle on top of the mountain.

At the castle, I sat down on a stone wall to enjoy a pretzel and mustard, and I saw this ant hauling a much larger insect back to it's nest.


And last but not least, here's a picture from my visit back to California. John's amazing magnetic eyeglasses.

On Thursday, I'm going on a 3.5 day mini-tour to the Lake of Constance, or Bodensee as it's called in German. It's about 60 miles to get there, and 100 miles around. I'll be taking all of my camping gear this time around, so it should be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I'll be going alone, since none of my friends want to do it in 3.5 days, and want to spread the trip out to a week during our upcoming Pentacost school holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home