Tuesday, May 08, 2007

good ol' cape

Here's a picture I took at the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart. It's a beautiful bike, with what looks like a coaster brake, and a front brake that pushes against the top of the tire to stop. Very elegant.


After a couple weeks of beautiful sunny days, it was cloudy this morning and sprinkled on my ride to school. I brought my carradice rain cape just in case, and sure enough, it was pouring when I got out of class. Boy was I happy! I haven't had too many chances to use it, but it works great. Even flying down the big hill to my apartment, it wasn't flapping around, and I stayed totally dry except my head, because I don't really use the tiny hood. All my folders and papers stayed dry inside my ortlieb office bag, and my fenders did their job as well. I knew there was a reason I bought/installed all that stuff!

Last month, about 30 life size dinosaurs appeared in my town. I guess it happens every year, but I didn't expect it, and it was quite strange to walk out of the train station one day and see a HUGE dinosaur in the park there. I'm going to take pictures of more, but here is just a sample.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home