Friday, May 25, 2007

The Plan

So, I'm leaving on my tour in about an hour, and I am all set! The plan is to take the train with Bodil to Augsburg, and from there ride a path called the Via Claudia Augusta. It goes straight to Venice, Italy. It's 700km, and I figure that it should take about a week to get there. I'll have to climb 3 large passes in the Austrian Alps, so the views should be beautiful, and I have 2 trusty new disposable cameras to capture the trip. I took the camera into the warranty shop yesterday, and they said there is a bunch of random stuff wrong with it, not just with recognizing the lens.

I'm on an extremely limited budget, so I plan on free-camping just about every night, as I can't afford to stay at even a cheap hotel or inn. It looks like there will be plenty of wooded areas to camp, so I'm not too worried. I'm not exactly sure how I'll get back from Venice, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home