Monday, January 22, 2007

Mutscheltag



Well, my department at school recently celebrated a local tradition here in Reutlingen, which is the Mutscheltag. A Mutschel is the bread pictured here. It has 8 points on it, representing 8 different traditional jobs. Every year on Mutscheltag, people get together and play a special series of dice games to see who wins Mutschels.

And since this is a Schwabisch tradition, we drank Schwabenbrau beer. It's delicious. I didn't win anything until the end, but I walked away with 3 of the second biggest Mutschels!

Otto looks like he had a good time as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your photos. So many warm, rich colours. I can almost smell the Mutschel.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Fahrräder said...

Thanks Jim! I've just started touching the pics up with iPhoto. Nothing serious, just tweaking the levels, contrast and saturation, but it makes a big difference in the overall look of the pictures.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home