Tuesday, January 23, 2007

snowy day at last!

Today it finally started snowing. It dumped 10cm over the course of the day, and it's still coming down. I couldn't resist going on my first snowy bicycle ride, after reading about so many cool people in Minnesota doing it. Here's my bike after my first ride.
I'm really glad I got the full size front rack. I can mount my new 6 euro basket on top, and there's still space to attach my panniers! The Atlantis is going to be a great winter bike, because I'll be able to fit huge studded tires if I need them. Lucky for me utilitarian cycling is huge here in Germany, so the local shop here has a great selection of high quality practical gear including schwalbe and nokian studded tires. Riding in the snow is pretty much what I expected. Just go slower than you normally would, and turn nice and slow. It's pretty annoying to have the snow flying in my eyes though. I'll try riding to school tomorrow and see if I can avoid crashing. I need to figure out what kind of pants to wear. My thighs got pretty wet on my first ride.

This picture looks like the snow is coming down pretty hard, but it just looks like that because of the slow shutter speed on the camera. The snow's been pretty slow and steady all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home