Friday, January 26, 2007

wow, check out this link. I would absolutely love to ride the great divide trail. I think my ideal vehicle for that trip would be something like this.



This bike is a Patria Terra, and as far as I know, it's only available here in Germany. It has a lugged steel frame that's made in Germany, and comes fully equipped with a Rohloff 14 speed internal gear drivetrain, hydraulic rim brakes, a full set of Tubus racks, and the fantastic Schmidt dynohub. This is basically a long wheelbase, fully rigid mountain bike. It has clearance for huge tires, and is built for off-road touring. Also, check out my buddy Ross's blog about his adventures as a long term bike tourist in Australia here.
Here is a picture that I took less than a week ago, and you can see that the weather was amazing. I like this picture of the farmhouse in the countryside, with the jet-trails streaking across the sky. This was on the last day that all of my scandanavian friends were still here. Marie is now back in Denmark, and Otto will be going back to Finnland in a couple of weeks as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger rigtenzin said...

I know these are not the same bikes, but they have many similarities.

Tout Terrain

12:04 AM  
Blogger Fahrräder said...

definitely a cool bike, but seems to be geared more towards the year round commuter than the expedition tourer. I'm not sure that I would want an integrated rack that can't be removed/replaced, or dedicated disk brakes. It would be ideal for many purposes though.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home